AVOIDAL AVOIDAL

HUD and "How To" hinder the game

It's pretty fun, but the HUD is terrible.
When playing the game, when do you have time to look at the bottom of the screen? Never. The health should be displayed on or near the character, like if it got more beat up the more damage you take.
Also, the "How To" was overwhelming and chaotic, since the information kept changing, and there was a lot of it, and you couldn't pause it.
So overall, solid effort, but loses points for the interface.

Space-ninja Space-ninja

Decent

It seemed like a good game, but I had to stop early on because the controls were a pain. Seriously, if you make a sequel, make it so SPACE JUMPS, and A FIRES. Not the other way around.

Space Wing Space Wing

Didn't feel just right...

I always liked the idea of a classic shooter with RPG elements, but the game just didn't deliver the perfection I was hoping for.
First off, the background was very annoying. It didn't give you much sense of location, and I always thought that the stretchy stars were gunfire. It would have been nice if the stars were gunfire, because the lack of gunfire filling the screen at the beginning was disappointing. There were also no mid-level power ups, which ruins alot of fun.
On the plus side, the ship designs and graphics were awesome. It's just that the game didn't keep me interested enough to play more than one level.